Group counseling comes in many different forms. Some groups are on-going and others only last for a certain amount of time. Some groups are made up individuals of the same age, or the same issue, while other groups have more diversity. What we know is that for certain people, groups can have amazing benefits. Here are just a few of those benefits:
- Feeling a sense of connection and reassurance that you are not alone.
- Having the opportunity and permission to tell your story.
- Being validated by other group members.
- Learning what helps and doesn’t help by listening to others.
- Experiencing renewed hope.