“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Florida Suicide Statistics (2016):
- 3035 Floridians died by suicide.
- Suicide was the 10th leading overall cause of death.
- Suicide was the 2nd leading cause of death for individuals 25-34 and the
- 3rd leading cause of death for individuals 10-24.
- Over twice as many people died by suicide than by homicide.
Suicide touches the lives of family members, friends, faith communities, schools, and businesses. It affects people throughout the lifespan from children to seniors. And sadly, it is estimated that on average 22 veterans a day die from suicide.
Capstone Center recognizes and offers a compassionate and stigma-free support and resources to individuals and groups that have been touched by suicide. Pam has been a longtime advocate of suicide prevention and currently serves as Region 2 Director for the Florida Suicide Prevention Coalition. For over 10 years Pam has worked with suicide loss survivors through individual and group counseling. She has presented at conferences and helps local efforts to prevent suicide and support loss survivors.
If you or someone you loved has been touched by suicide, we are here for you. Our counselors are ready to listen. Connect with Capstone to learn about our counseling services. By phone: (850) 219-8985 or email email@example.com.